Thursday, January 19, 2017

Phoenix Feathers

I wish I could be one of those cool people who doesn't care. You know, the cool kids. They post those caught-off-guard-but-not photos on Instagram with de-saturated filters. I'm not one of those people though and I never will be. I have a lot of old friends like that. They're friends who weren't really good friends and they lied to me a lot. Friends who betrayed my trust but I always forgave them. Now we don't talk and they are these cliché cool kids who think they own the world. I know I wont ever be "cool" like that, because it's not me. There is one thing though. These "Friends" knew me as one person. This person was scared and shy. They saw me as this awkward being that could not exist without them. Now, I want them to see me strong. I may not be cool, but I can be strong. I want them to see me as a person they never knew. Even though it's cliché, I want them to see me like a phoenix.

No comments:

Post a Comment